Terms & Conditions
Rafting is in the nature of an “extreme sport” and as such, has inherent dangers and risks, including the risk of injury or death to the participant. While your tour guides are skilled and experienced, due to the nature of river rafting, Southern White Water limited is unable to be in any way responsible for any injury or death of the participant. Due to the remote location of our tours, medical aid or evacuation can be delayed for hours or even days. Please carefully read Southern White Water limited’s terms and conditions, which include important information regarding the risks and dangers of river rafting, outline your rights and obligations, and limit Southern White Water limited’s liability. Southern White Water limited’s terms and conditions apply to the extent permitted under New Zealand law.
- Deposits are not refundable under any circumstances. Refunds of payments other than deposits are entirely at the discretion of the Operator and if granted will always be paid net of all expenses incurred. In general no refunds will be given for “no-shows”.
- Cancellations with less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours notice will be charged a 50% cancellation charge.
- After we have accepted deposits the price stated on the written confirmation will not change unless the booking is changed or unless as a result of Government action.
- The Operator reserves the absolute right to cancel or amend any service at any time for any reason and assumes no liability whatsoever for any loss, additional cost or any other consequent result.
- You agree that Southern White Water limited is not liable for any refund or additional costs incurred by you if:
5.1 you, for any reason, arrive late or leave a tour early (including if you have been asked to leave the tour early by Southern White Water limited due to you not following their instructions and safety rules); or
5.2 additional portages and changes to planned itineraries occur for a reason beyond Southern White Water limited’s control; or
5.3 you are offered a place on the next available tour to your tour cancelled.
- You agree to abide by the instructions and safety rules of Southern White Water limited and your tour guides, and accept that due to safety reasons your continued participation is at the sole discretion of Southern White Water limited and your tour guides.
- You agree that Southern White Water limited and your tour guides may procure emergency medical or rescue services on your behalf should you become injured or ill or unconscious, and you agree to:
7.1 pay for any emergency medical or rescue services procured on your behalf; and
7.2 indemnify Southern White Water limited for any costs paid by Southern White Water limited for such medical or rescue services.
- It is the client’s responsibility to advise the Operator in writing at the time of the booking of any medical condition or physical disability, which requires any special treatment or attention. The Operator reserves the right to decline client’s bookings on the grounds that their safety could be compromised.
- No person presenting themselves for a rafting trip in an apparently intoxicated state or under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be rafted nor will any refund be forthcoming.
- The activities provided by the Operator carry a degree of risk by participating in any of the activities provided by the Operator clients are expressly assuming those risks personally and are releasing the Operator and its officers, employees and agents from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including but not limited to personal injury or death; property loss or damage. Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental, any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder.
- The Operator under no circumstances will accept responsibility either directly or through its suppliers for any costs incurred as a result of an accident involving injury or death.
- By participating in any of the activities provided by the Operator, you agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils set out in RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS, and indemnify the Operator from any such claims.
- All participants must read and understand Southern White Water Limited’s terms and conditions and RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISK information and have signed all relevant paperwork prior to trip commencement.
- It is the responsibility of each and every participant to inform Southern White Water Limited should they not understand or comprehend information set out in Southern White Water Limited’s Terms and Conditions or RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISK information prior to signing the forms.
- A minimum physical size is required for rafting. The normal criterion is to set the minimum age of rafting at 13 years of age and minimum of 40kg. (river section and grade dependent), however, we reserve the right to refuse to raft older children should we consider their build to be too slight for safety.
- Children under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian sign the release form on their behalf.
- It is essential that ALL customers contact us on the day before their trip to confirm that everything is fine with water levels, minimum numbers etc.
- The cost of your tour does not include, unless stated in writing by Southern White Water limited, the cost of any airfares, travel insurance, sleeping bag, extra meals, alcohol, and any extra items listed in your booking information.
- You agree, unless you indicate otherwise to Southern White Water limited in writing or on the RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS, that Southern White Water limited may take photographs or video of you during the tour, and you agree that Southern White Water limited may use parts or all of such photographs or video in promotional activities in any media throughout the world in perpetuity.
- You agree, unless you indicate otherwise to Southern White Water limited in writing or on the RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS, that Southern White Water limited may use your contact details to send you promotional materials (which you may subsequently choose to unsubscribe from).
- Minimum Numbers apply to certain rafting trips, Day trips require a minimum of 3 paying passengers, Multiday trips require a minimum of 3 paying passengers. Minimum numbers are subject to change without notice.